1 May 2020
We understand the uncertainty facing all our Members at the moment, which is why we want to give you an update on what we are doing to help. For more than 80 years, ALIA’s purpose of supporting its Members has never wavered, and we are committed to continuing this support through these uncertain times.
Here to support you
To support you, we have provided the following:
- The membership fee increase scheduled for 1 July has been removed. There will be no increase in ALIA membership fees for the 2020-2021 membership year.
- Membership payments can be deferred. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we can defer your membership payment for 3 months whilst still accessing all your membership benefits.
- ALIA membership is available at a reduced rate. If your gross income has dropped to $34 600 or less for the financial year, you can renew your membership at the reduced membership fee.
- ALIA Relief Fund. A relief fund has been set up to help Personal Members who are experiencing financial hardship. Members are also making contributions to the ALIA Relief Fund so we can help support as many Members as possible.
- All Personal Members can opt to pay in monthly instalments.
How you can contact ALIA
? The ALIA team are still here to support you. Please don’t hesitate to contact the Membership team (membership@) about any of the above.
How you can stay connected
? Join us every Friday at 5pm for an online catch up. Visit the ALIA Connects page for more information.
?The How libraries are responding to COVID-19 resource page is being updated all the time.
Most importantly, look after yourselves. It is inspiring to see how we are all adapting to the new normal. As always, you can contact us any time at ALIABoard@.
Robert Knight, ALIA President, Viv Barton, ALIA Vice-President